We're excited to announce the details of the Ride With GPS Segment Challenge at the Colavita | Fine Cooking - Farm to Fork Fondo!
The Piccolo, Medio and Gran distances of the Farm to Fork Fondo will have Ride With GPS timed segments. So if you're feeling on top of your grame and have a GPS-enabled device, you can throw down to see how you stack up with our pro attendees and your buddies. Out on course you'll see signs for the "Roller Coaster," Ridgebury Rally," "Mount Eve," "The Wall," "Cascade" and "Sting in the Tail" segments. They range from rolling to very hilly, and they're all a blast.
To participate in the Ride With GPS Segment Challenge:
- Register for the Farm to Fork Fondo.
- Visit Ride With GPS to open a free account and the App Store on your phone to download one of their nifty free iPhone or Android smart-phone apps.
- Bring your GPS-enabled device (iPhone, Android phone, Cateye, Garmin, etc.) on June 28 and record your ride.
- Keep an eye out on course for the Ride With GPS Segment Challenge signs (we'll also have all the details at the start/finish area and registration).
- Give it a go and ride fast over the segments.
- Upload your ride at our Ride With GPS Upload Station near the start/finish area. You'll be automatically ranked among all the participants on the day.
- Go boast to your buddies about your segment times!
The fine folks from Ride With GPS are coming all the way from Oregon to run the Segment Challenge, and we'll have prizes for the speediest women and men of each segment. (Don't worry, our professional cyclist attendees won't be eligible to take home the gear). Find more details on the Farm to Fork Fondo routes and timed segments on our Ride With GPS Event Page.