We're excited to announce that we'll be bringing you healthy grass-fed dairy products from our new partner Maple Hill Creamery at all 2017 Farm to Fork Fondo events. We'll also be sharing lots of Maple Hill Creamery's great healthy recipes and farmer stories throughout the year.
Each 2017 Farm to Fork Fondo event will have a Maple Hill Creamery pre-ride Fuel Up Station, featuring their delicious and healthy Greek yogurt and drinkable yogurt products made from dairy sourced in Upstate New York from grass-fed cows. Maple Hill Creamery products will also be featured in the post-ride Finisher Tent recovery area, and in select menus for catered post-ride barbecues and pre-ride gourmet Meet the Farmers Dinners. Our friends from Maple Hill Creamery will be on hand at each event to talk about the health benefits of grass-fed dairy products.
“Maple Hill Creamery is thrilled to be partnering with the 2017 Farm to Fork Fondo Series," said Tim Joseph, Founding Farmer and Chief Executive of Maple Hill Creamery. "The Farm to Fork Fondo events are a perfect intersection of Maple Hill’s mission and focus: the health and well-being of consumers and healthy farms and rural communities. Using the sport of cycling as a platform for “putting a spotlight” on family farms in the Northeast is a beautiful combination we are proud to support!”
CONTEST: Win Farm to Fork Fondo Gear & Maple Hill Creamery Product
What do you ride on? Maple Hill Creamery is proud to sponsor the 2017 Farm to Fork Fondo Cycling Series. We challenge you to #RideOnGrass by fueling up with our Whole Milk Drinkable 100% Grass Fed Yogurts and registering for a cycling event near you. Win an entire case of our Whole Milk Drinkable Yogurt (your choice of flavor!) and Farm to Fork Fondo 2017 gear. Don’t forget to check for a cycling event near you on @Wrenegade Sports page.
To ENTER: Visit our Facebook Page and tell us: what motivates you to work out? Leave a message in the comments and you’ll be automatically entered to win! We’ll choose the winner on March 1st, 2017 and notify you by replying to your comment.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The “RideonGrass Contest” is sponsored Maple Hill Creamery and Wrenegade Sports. The contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook.Winners will be chosen at random via a third-party randomization app.
Featured Recipe - Roasted Squash Soup
We picked out a great recipe from Maple Hill Creamery's archive to help you stay warm and fueled up this winter while you're staying fit:
- 5-6 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup Whole Milk Drinkable Maple Yogurt, room temperature
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and cover with chopped vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil and a few sprinkles of salt. Don’t crowd vegetables; use two sheets if necessary.
- Roast in oven until vegetables are tender and browning, about 30-35 minutes depending on the size of your dice and baking sheets. Remove from oven to cool.
- Heat stock in large saucepan, add roasted vegetables, and bring to simmer. Puree in batches in blender or with stick blender until smooth (be careful of the hot liquid!). Return to pan over very low heat. Slowly stir in yogurt. Taste and adjust for salt if necessary. Serve immediately.
Originally published on MapleHillCreamery.com