The Farm to Fondo series opted for something a little more practical than a medal for finishers this year. Instead, we're awarding chicken shaped cookie cutters. Wear it with pride around your neck or keep it handy in the kitchen; we want to help you to continue your love of good food after the ride ends.
The cookie cutter finisher prizes are made by Ann Clarke Cookie Cutters, a family owned company located in Southern Vermont that just so happens to be the largest manufacturer of cookie cutters in America. All of their cookie cutters are made in the USA with quality metals from American mills. They’ve create a chicken cookie cutter custom made to match our logo. Every finisher at each of our events will receive a cookie cutter finisher prize along with a “Farm to Fork Carrot Cake Cookie with Greek Yogurt Frosting” recipe developed in conjunction with Maple Hill Creamery, Colavita, and Wrenegade Sports.
Check out the recipe below and register to one of our events to grab your cookie cutter finisher prize at the finish line!
2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
1 cup coconut sugar sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded flake coconut
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup Colavita Premium Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
Greek Yogurt Frosting:
2 cups Maple Hill Creamery Plain Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
½ cup powdered sugar
For the Cookies:
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut. Mix to combine.
2. In a second medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and Colavita Premium Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil together. Mix in the crushed pineapple, grated carrots, and nuts if using.
3. Bit by bit, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix to combine.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hours.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the Greek Yogurt Frosting (recipe below).
6. Once the dough has cooled, generously sprinkle a cutting board and the dough with flour. Cover the dough with parchment paper or plastic wrap and roll out the dough on the cutting board. Place the covered rolled-out dough (still on the cutting board) in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
7. Remove the dough from the freezer and preheat the oven to 350 °F.
8. Use a cookie cutter to form your cookies. Place the cookies on a prepared cookie sheet and place in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
9. Allow the cookies to cool completely before topping with Greek Yogurt Frosting.
For the Greek Yogurt Frosting:
1. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer or whisk, mix the Maple Hill Creamery Plain Whole Milk Greek Yogurt and powdered sugar.
2. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours before frosting the cookies.
Eat, enjoy, repeat!