Basic steps to making use of a heart rate monitor in your training.Read More
Recovery Tips Blog
1. SWEAT RATE
Determine nude body mass in kilograms (after using restroom). Scale must be accurate to at least 0.1 kg or 0.2lbs. Perform regular exercise or training for one hour without consuming fluids. You can also exercise for 30 minutes and multiply by 2. Towel off and determine nude body mass. Subtract post-exercise body mass from pre-exercise body mass. Body mass loss is directly proportional to fluid loss; one kg lost equals one liter of fluid, and one lb lost equals two cups of fluid.
Drinking alkaline ionized water before, during and after workouts not only helps you stay hydrated but can help counter the pH drop that occurs naturally during exercise. Alkaline ionized water is full of antioxidants that help the body to rid itself of acids free radicals produced during a good workout. The smaller water molecule clusters can be absorbed by our cells much easier than regular tap or bottled water. The harder you exercise the quicker your muscles become acidic which leads to fatigue. Accumulation of acid also limits the production of ATP, the energy molecule, and disrupts enzyme activity that produces energy.Alkaline water will reduce the accumulation of acidity in exercising muscles, improving workout intensity and recovery time.
- Sodium (na) – maintains fluid balance
- Potassium (k) – prevents cramping
- Calcium (ca) – regulates muscle contractions & heart rhythm
- Magnesium (mg) – relaxes muscles
- Bicarbonates – may delay fatigue & enhance endurance
4. POST EXERCISE NUTRTION
- Replenish glycogen
- Decrease protein breakdown/ Less muscle soreness
- Increase protein synthesis/ Increased ability to build muscle
- Improved recovery
- Improved immune function
- Improved bone mass
- Improved ability to utilize body fat
- D-Ribose - A naturally occurring sugar that has been shown to support the production and recycling of ATP which helps to increase energy formation in stressed tissues.
- DMG - Dimethylglycine is a metabolic enhancer that helps the body overcome various forms of stress such as aging, poor oxygen supply, free radical damage and a weakened immune system. As a methyl donor it contributes methyl groups to keep ATP levels high.
- CoQ10- An anti-oxidant and a naturally occurring cofactor in cellular energy, it is vital to the production of ATP. It improves the heart’s pumping ability and muscle tone, improves circulation, and increases tolerance to exercise. A powerful anti-oxidant that helps protect heart tissue from free radical damage. CoQ10 levels decline after the age of 35.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine - A derivative of the amino acid, carnitine. It supports heart function by transporting fatty acids from the blood through to the mitochondrial membranes and into heart cells so the fatty acids can be converted into ATP. The heart requires a constant supply of ATP in order to provide enough energy for it to keep beating regularly.
- Malic Acid - Is involved in energy production in muscle cells. It also increases ATP production due to its involvement in the Krebs cycle. Malic acid is also needed for glucose metabolism, which is important for nourishing muscles and nerves.
- Protease - A proteolytic enzyme that decreases muscle soreness following intense exercise or activities.
- Rhodiola - A herb that supports cellular energy metabolism. Promotes higher levels of ATP and
- CP (creatine phosphate) thus providing more of the energy molecules needed to perform many daily activities.
- Bromelain -A proteolytic enzyme that supports muscle recovery. It has been shown to alleviate muscle soreness after intense muscle contractions. Protein Blend includes pea, rice, and pumpkin proteins. These vegetable protein sources provide amino acids required by the body for people who are vegetarians, have food allergies or sensitivities, or who are looking for a hypoallergenic meal replacement. These essential amino acids must be obtained through diet; the human body does not synthesize them.
- Kre-Alkalyn® - is a patented and buffered form of creatine which means that it is processed at a higher pH level than regular creatine. The higher the pH level the less acidic the conditions. Buffering prevents creatine from breaking down to the byproduct creatinine. Slowing or stopping the conversion of creatine to creatinine helps the body absorb more creatine. Super Kreatine does not cause water retention or a bloated look.
- L-Glutamine - is an amino acid found in large amounts in the muscles and is readily available when needed for the synthesis of skeletal muscle proteins. For this reason it is a beneficial amino acid for body builders and to help prevent muscle wasting that can accompany prolonged bed rest or illness. It also plays a role in protecting the body from high levels of ammonia and maintaining proper acid-base (pH) balance.