Partner Farm Information
Everything you need to know to host an aid station at your farm
Farm to Fork Fondo is a bicycle event where cyclists ride from farm to farm, stopping to sample chef-prepared food made from each farm’s ingredients. As a partner farm, you would:
- Sell us your product, which we will pass on to a local chef to prepare
- Provide us space on your farm to set up two 10x10 tents, bike racks, and portable toilet(s)
- Ideally give us access to potable water to refill refreshment jugs for cyclists
- Interact with cyclists based on your availability: our staff will handle serving cyclists food and drink
- Purchasing: We will discuss with you what will be in-season at the time of the event so we can purchase your product and work with a local chef to prepare gourmet treats for our participants.
- Aid Station Placement: We will set up a brief visit to establish where we can set up the aid station: someplace that gives participants a glimpse at the heart of your business without getting in your way.
- Photo Portrait: We will take a portrait of you (or your family or employees) to use in our program guide and in advertising to promote the event. This is a basic photo that will only take up 10-15 minutes of your day. We welcome you to involve your family or employees. We will also send you digital copies for your own personal or business use.
- Promotional Materials: If you have a retail business and want to distribute sales materials or product samples for participants to take home, we will gladly include them in our welcome bags.
- Social Media: If your farm has a website or uses social media, we will gladly link to your pages in our promotional campaign leading up to the event.
- Insurance: Farm to Fork Fondo is fully insured and will name your farm as additionally insured.
DURING THE EVENT
Well ahead of event day we will provide you with an estimate of the time window when cyclists will be stopping at your farm. Our staff will manage everything, including:
- Set-up the day before the event, and tear-down the evening of the event
- Serving cyclists
- Trash collection
- Portable toilet rental
Please stay in touch with us. We want to know what else we can do to improve our events and spotlight your farm.