- 5-6 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup Whole Milk Drinkable Maple Yogurt, room temperature
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and cover with chopped vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil and a few sprinkles of salt. Don’t crowd vegetables; use two sheets if necessary.
- Roast in oven until vegetables are tender and browning, about 30-35 minutes depending on the size of your dice and baking sheets. Remove from oven to cool.
- Heat stock in large saucepan, add roasted vegetables, and bring to simmer. Puree in batches in blender or with stick blender until smooth (be careful of the hot liquid!). Return to pan over very low heat. Slowly stir in yogurt. Taste and adjust for salt if necessary. Serve immediately.
Originally published on MapleHillCreamery.com